ATMEX (Adventure Travel México) is the business and strategic relations event dedicated to the regeneration, strengthening and growth of the most important Adventure and Nature Tourism industry in Latin America.
The objective of ATMEX is the generation of strategic alliances between buyers, suppliers and specialized media, as well as the professionalization of the industry through an academic program dedicated to sharing standards, latest trends, success stories and the best practices of the venture tourism industry in Mexico and the world
ATMEX (Adventure Travel México) was born in México in 2012 as an effort to address the need to continue strengthening the Mexican Adventure and Nature Travel industry, after the country hosted the Adventure Travel World Summit 2011 at San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas.
ATMEX was born under the leadership of Antonio del Rosal (who at that time acted as the Executive Director for Latin America for the Adventure Travel Trade Association, ATTA, and who, also since 2008 has been General Director for “Experiencias Genuinas”) with the valuable collaboration of the Adventure Travel Trade Association, ATTA, the México Tourism Board (CPTM) and the Tourism Ministry (SECTUR.). Since 2015, the Adventure Travel Trade Association stopped having any relationship or involvement with ATMEX, becoming a 100% Mexican event.
ATMEX (Adventure Travel Mexico) is possible thanks to the collaboration between the host destination (Mexican states, cities or municipalities), the organizing company and owner of the ATMEX brand: ATMEX – Adventure Travel Mexico (Experiencias Genuinas) and official authorities from the tourism sector (SECTUR, CPTM, etc.).
ATMEX has had 6 editions:
- ATMEX 2012, Veracruz, México.
- ATMEX 2013, Veracruz, México.
- ATMEX 2014, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, México.
- ATMEX 2015, Palenque, Chiapas, México.
- ATMEX 2017, Tabasco, México
- ATMEX 2018, Colima, México
ATMEX (Adventure Travel Mexico) is an event for the Adventure and Nature travel industry professionals, and although it is not open to the general public, ATMEX is an inclusive event that welcomes all those people interested in the tourism industry.
The ATMEX(Adventure Travel Mexico) key players are:
- Mexican state and municipal governments through their tourism ministries; trusts and promotion entities, associations and any other organization related to the Adventure and Nature travel industry.
- Tour operators from diverse destinations in Mexico and guest countries
- Tourism suppliers like hotels, airlines, transportation companies, insurance companies, etc.
- Social companies focused or related to Adventure and Nature Travel.
- National and international buyers (travel advisors, tour operators, travel agencies, OTA´s, etc.) who are interested in developing or strengthening partnerships with local tour operators in different destinations in México or with other tourism service providers which allow them to grow their product offering.
- National and international specialized media interested in tourism and Adventure and Nature Travel industry, as well as in related topics that are part of this industry like sustainability, environment conservation, cultural protection, etc.
- Tourism industry professionals.
- Expert speakers specialized on important and diverse topics related to the industry.
- NGO´s and Association representatives.
- Investors and consultants related to the tourism industry.
ATMEX (Adventure Travel Mexico) is a 3 day event with pre or post adventure familiarization trips (FAMs) offered by the destinations participating in the event.
The event runs the following way:
- Pre-FAM trips offered by the participating Mexican destinations and the guest destination (s) with or without cost for the buyers and media.
- Day 1: One day Adventures and Inaugural Cocktail.
- Day 2: One on one Meetings and Plenary Sessions.
- Day 3: One on one Meetings, simultaneous conferences and workshops, plenary session and closing ceremony/cocktail.
- Post-FAM trips, whenever the destinations decide to offer one.
ATMEX 2020 will be a 100% virtual event that lasts for 3 days. This virtual format will include Plenary Expert Conferences, an Academic Program recognized by ICTUR since 2017, valid for endorsement of the tourist guides’ credentials, and our traditional MARKETPLACE with its business appointments between buyers, media and suppliers. ATMEX Virtual will be carried out through www.atmex.org.
Go to www.atmex.org and identify which kind of delegate you are (Delegate, Provider, Media, Buyer) choose the correct registration form, fill it in, pay your registration (if you are not a buyer or media) and submit it. As soon as we receive it we will get in touch with you.
Go to www.atmex.org and look for the Buyer and Media applications, choose the one that fits your profile, fill it in and submit it. As soon as we receive it we will get in touch with you. Your application will be reviewed and once it’s been approved we will let you know. (If you have some questions about your application or it hasn’t been approved we will reach out to you.)
Send us an email to email@example.com and an ATMEX team member will reach out to you as soon as possible.